Saturday, July 17, 2010

July 13th - Teeter Totter

I used to love playing on the teeter totter when I was a kid.  Do they even have those anymore?  They don't even have good playgrounds anymore.  I remember the best playground when I was a kid.  It was at my elementary school and there was a big wooden boat full of sand.  You had to walk up a ramp to get in and it was so fun!  There was also a huge cargo net draped over a 20 foot high frame.  You could climb up one side and down the other.  I fell down that cargo net more than once, but it was still a lot of fun.  Playgrounds don't have that kind of stuff anymore.  They are all covered with woodchips or whatever current soft material is in style and there is nothing on them that might possibly injure a kid.  Good thing kids still have great imaginations.  I see it everyday in my 3 year old.  I love the things she comes up with!  I bet she would love riding on a teeter totter!

0 comments:

Post a Comment